In agreement with portal of Kosovo we will refer to a person, who is not citizen of Kosovo, as a foreigner.
In order to enter Kosovo all foreigners (non-citizens of Kosovo) need to present their national passports and until now they don’t need entry visa for Kosovo.
A document that justifies the reason of your visit in Kosovo might be required.
This is subject of law amendment for the entry in Kosovo and before traveling to Kosovo you should contact your Embassy in Kosovo to get informed about the procedure of entry into the state of Kosovo.
Normally, visitors that are allowed entry into Kosovo are permitted to stay up to 90 days. The persons willing to extend their stay for more than 90 days should appear at the Foreigner Registration Office, which is located in the Headquarters building at Luan Haradinaj Street in Prishtina.
The stay permit for foreigners in Kosovo – For a longer stay in Kosovo the foreigners should apply at the Foreigner Registration Office for a stay permit in Kosovo.
A temporary stay permit may be issued to foreigners for these reasons:
- Tourism and entertainment
- Employment and business
- Studying in one of the educational institutions in Kosovo
- Family union with a permanent resident of Kosovo
- Family union with a member of diplomatic body in Kosovo
- Marriage with a permanent resident of Kosovo
A stay permit may be extended, if the reasons the permit was issued have not changed and if the application for this permit was justified with required documents.
Long-term stay permit may be issued to foreigners in the cases when:
- The person is a member of diplomatic or military body in Kosovo
- The person is official of International Organizations operating in Kosovo
- The children younger than 18 years of age or spouse of the abovementioned categories wish to join them.
All children of foreigners with long stay in Kosovo have the right to enroll in public schools of Kosovo based on the decision taken by the Ministry of Education, Science, and Technology of Kosovo. The public education in Kosovo is free of charge for all students enrolled in these schools.